Paul J. BarulichShareholder and Managing Director
Barulich Dugoni Law Group, Inc.
Practice AreasEstate Planning, Probate, Trusts and Estates, Business Planning, Corporate Law, Real Property, Taxation
Paul J. Barulich is the founder and managing director at Barulich Dugoni Law Group, Inc. Mr. Barulich’s law practice focuses on estate planning clients with high net worth, business owners, and people with significant financial interests in high-tech, wholly owned and start-up companies. Mr. Barulich specializes in representing individual and corporate executors and trustees, and conservators in administrations of estates in contested and non-contested matters.
- San Francisco Magazine, Northern California Super Lawyers recognition 2004 – 2017, selected over 10 years straight. In 2005, selected as a “Top 100” Super Lawyer.
- AV® Preeminent™ rating by Martindale.com. AV® Preeminent™ is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- California Board of Legal Specialization – Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law.
- Selected by the Presiding Judge for the San Mateo County Superior Court to serve on its Independent Counsel Panel for Probate, Trust and Conservatorship matters.
- San Mateo County Bar Association – 1995 -Appointed Chair Probate and Estate Planning Section.
- Executive Committee for the Estate Planning, 1997 – 2003 - Trust and Probate Law Section of the State Bar of California.
- ACTEC - The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel is a professional association consisting of approximately 2,700 highly regarded lawyers from throughout the United States. Fellows at the college are elected by the membership at large.
- 1985 - State Bar of California
- 1984 - Golden Gate University, School of Law, J.D.
- 1981 - University of California at Berkeley, A.B.
Speaking Engagements, Articles and Publications
- Mr. Barulich has presented to both legal and community groups on a regular basis. The following is his most recent presentation:
- 2013 - San Mateo County Bar Association, "Best Practices in Estate Planning and Administration."
- Mr. Barulich is also recognized as a leading author in the Trust and Estates field. Among his many publications are the following:
- CEB Action Guide – Co-Author, “Handling Postmortem Trust Administration: A Checklist.” First published in September 2009. Updated in September 2011.
- CEB California Trust Administration - Author, Chapter 2, "Overview of Trustee's Duties, Standards, and Powers"
- 1997 - Contributing Commentator: Guide to the California Rules of Professional Conduct for Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Counsel, State Bar of California, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section
- Summer 2000 - Article: The Estate Administration of Contaminated Property, California Trusts and Estates Quarterly, Vol. 6, No. 2
- February 7, 1990 - Article: A Practitioner's Guide to Drafting Shared Equity Financing Agreements, Tax Management Memorandum, Bureau of National Affairs, Vol. 6, No. 2
- San Mateo County Bar Association. 1995 - Appointed Chair Probate and Estate Planning Section.
- American Bar Association.
- Chair, San Mateo County History Museum, Board of Directors.
- San Mateo Police Department Police Activities League, Board of Directors.
- The Mounted Patrol of San Mateo County.
- National Center for Equine Facilitate Therapy, Board of Directors