Frequently Asked Questions
Chelsea J. Suttmann, is an attorney in the firm's estate planning and estate administration practice area. Ms. Suttmann was admitted to the California State Bar, the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, in 2012. Ms. Suttmann received her B.A. degree in English Language and Literature at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and earned her J.D. in 2012 from Santa Clara University School of Law. While at Santa Clara, she was inducted to the Order of the Coif and served on the Santa Clara Law Review as the Technical Editor.
Ms. Suttmann is a member of the San Mateo County Bar Association and the Trusts & Estates Section of the California Bar Association.
Speaking Engagements, Articles and Publications
Ms. Suttmann is also recognized as an author in the Trust and Estates field. Among his many publications are the following:
- January 2015 – Contributing author to "Inside the Mines: Family and Business Succession Planning 2015 Edition" – Chapter title "Tax Law Changes Alter Client Reasons for Seeking Estate Planning.” This book is published by Aspatore which is a subsidiary of Thomson West.
- August 2014 – “Estate Planning Considerations for California Same-Sex Couples in a Post-Windsor and Post-Proposition 8 World”. Published in the State Bar of California, Trusts and Estates Section, California Trusts and Estates Quarterly.
- Junior League of Palo Alto - Mid-Peninsula , 50th Anniversary Gala Committee
- San Mateo Area Chamber of Commerce, BRN Group and 2014-2015 Leadership Class Member
- San Mateo Public Library Foundation, The Literary Society, Board of Directors
- San Mateo Rotary Club