Practice AreasCivil Litigation, Trust & Estate Litigation, Tax Litigation, Corporate Compliance
Alexandra M. Banis is a Senior Associate at Barulich Dugoni Law Group, Inc., where she focuses primarily on business litigation, trust & estate litigation, and tax litigation. Many of her civil litigation cases involve fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, contract disputes, derivative claims, and conflicts involving real property. Her litigation experience has given Ms. Banis the ability to carefully advise her clients with respect to corporate compliance, shareholder buy-outs, and business succession planning.
In her trust & estate practice, Ms. Banis frequently represents trustees, beneficiaries, and other interested parties in will and trust contests, beneficiary and trustee disputes, and complex accounting matters. She also represents clients in financial elder abuse cases.
Finally, Ms. Banis represents taxpayers in disputes with the Internal Revenue Service, often negotiating more favorable tax treatment with the IRS Appeals Office following a tax audit, but always prepared to pursue the case in Tax or District Court.
- 2013 – State Bar of California
- 2013 – University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- 2008 – University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
- San Francisco County Bar Association, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Trust and Estates Section, Member
- Italian American Bar Association of Northern California, Member
- Hellenic Law Society of Northern California, Member
- Carlin Heritage Society, Saint Ignatius College Preparatory, San Francisco, California, Member of the Charitable Giving Advisory/Advocacy Committee